Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Prepping





There is definitely a method to my madness. Every Sunday I prepare for my work week in terms of lesson plans, lunches, workouts, and of course, fashion! I could never stand in front of my closet and decide on an outfit at the last minute because as is, I am typically late to everything, and because I have to be to work at 7:20am, I already get up at 5:15am every morning, so this girl is not getting up an earlier!

I always do laundry on Sunday. I clean my house every Saturday morning, so I hardly feel like doing laundry on top of cleaning, and besides, doing laundry on Sunday reminds me of the outfits I have already worn the week before. Listen, I have a handful of staple items that I wear weekly; however, I like to switch things up and come up with new looks each week. I definitely wear the same pieces from week-to-week, but I love coming up with fresh new ways to sport those staple items. You may be thinking, when does she get all of this done? I can assure you that it is never easy, as I have a 21 month old daughter, but I am definitely a mom who capitalizes on nap time! And if it all doesn’t get done then, I do some things after she goes to bed. (Disclaimer: I am very ‘type A,’ so I will find time wherever I can!)

Here are the details for each look!

 
Monday:

I like to think that this an easy look that could be duplicated with any color blouse and coordinating blazer. I try to consider patterns, and I added this particular blouse to the polka dot blazer so it wouldn’t be so black and white. I love neutrals, but the pop of color really makes this outfit.

Blouse & Pencil Skinny Pants: The Limited (blouse old-similar)

Blazer: Target (clearance-similar)

Booties: DSW

Gold Leaf Bracelet & Bib Necklace: Forever 21 (old)

 

Tuesday:

I wear this sweater a lot! I have worn several different blouses under it, including a red gingham flannel button-down on Valentine’s Day, and it always looks so cute! I don’t care about matching the somewhat coral colored text to things; I like pairing it with other colors that' go.' I am not a fan of things being matchy-matchy.

Love Sweater: Old Navy (old-similar)

Polka Dot Blouse: The Limited (old-similar)

Black Pencil Skirt: Target

Boots: Dillard’s (old)

Gold Chain Bib Necklace: Forever 21 (old-similar)

Earrings: The Limited (old-similar)

 

Wednesday:

I actually have an interview this Wednesday (it’s my second-fingers crossed!), but with that said, I try to step –up my dressiness, if you will, at least one day a week. I will probably throw on my black blazer from The Limited, as temps have been all over the place-hello, Midwest, and because my classroom tends to be cold. I am obsessed with this particular statement necklace and bracelet and wear them both all the time!

Dress: The Limited

Black Suede Pumps: DSW (old-similar)

Statement Necklace & matching Bracelet: Express (similar)

 

Thursday:

This is really my idea of an easy way to dress up for work but still feel casual. This dress is more comfortable than most pants I have, and the booties are a new fave of mine (I bought them a week ago on clearance at Target)! They are SO comfortable! You could also throw a jean jacket on over this and I think it would look just as cute. I like the extra bit of orange, however, to bring out those cute seahorses on the dress!

Dress: Target (old-similar)

Cardigan: The Limited (old-similar)

Bubble Necklace: (old-but you can find them anywhere!)

Earrings: Francesca’s (old)

Booties: Target (similar)

 

Friday:

Okay, just so you know I’m not crazy; I do not wear heels to work every day! Us teachers do way too much standing, so flats are always cute and really still dress up this outfit because the pants are an ankle pant. I love the length of the blouse and since it’s black, white, and grey, I added the magenta pant to create a pop of color and spice things up once again, and to avoid the matchy-matchy look a black pant would give this outfit. BUT, if you had a cute colored flat or heel, then black pants would be amaze!

Blouse: Target (oldish-similar)

Magenta Pencil Pants: The Limited (old-similar)

Black Kenneth Cole Flats: DSW (old-similar)

Cuff Bracelet (it says Lola-my daughter’s name-& is my FAVE accessory!): Rustic Cuff

 Hopefully, I have given you some outfit inspiration for this upcoming work week! Comment with questions! Happy styling!

 

XOXO,

Andrea

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© It's What I Love

CoffeeShop Designs