Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Statement Necklace




In preparation for a wedding I have next weekend, I was going through my closet wondering if I should splurge on a new dress, or just wear something I have. I have a great black dress that I bought at Loft a few years back during their after Christmas sale, and have only worn it once. In thinking about how I would accessorize this dress, I came to the conclusion that I need a new statement necklace. There are so many styles of statement necklaces in numerous colors, etc., and I really want to purchase something that I can wear again, and that isn’t so neutral (To know me is to know I love a neutral! Gold, silver…well, that’s about it-LOL). While surfing the web, I found a few that I love and that I could definitely wear with other outfits. I also wanted to branch out and get one with some color, as most of my necklaces, again, are pretty neutral and tend to be gold or silver, with some embellishments. In addition to the necklace, you always want to go pretty simple with your earring choice. The statement necklace is called that for a reason: It’s the star of your jewelry show, so-to-speak, so I often wear stud earrings when I have a statement necklace on. I love stud earrings. Something about their simplicity has me wanting to buy a pair every time I shop. (I will share some of my favorite stud earrings in another post…coming soon!”) Here are a few statement necklaces I found in different color combinations. Visit Simple Addiction and Francesca’s to find these statement necklaces and many more!
Top Right: Cottonwood Statement Necklace from Francesca's
Middle: Sunburst Statement Necklace from Simple Addiction
Bottom Right: Kiss Me Mint Statement Necklace from Simple Addiction
 

Happy Shopping!

XOXO-Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© It's What I Love

CoffeeShop Designs