Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Birchbox Loves (December-March)





Every month I do a little happy dance when my Birchbox arrives in the mail. Seriously, if you are as addicted to products as I am, then subscribing to Birchbox should be a no-brainer. It’s amazing, and I have yet to be disappointed. I put together a few of my favorite products from the last four months. Initially, when I started receiving my Birchbox, I thought I would blog about each month’s box. I actually rather prefer picking my favorites and posting about a few products, rather than speaking about each box individually (for the record, I typically do not use everything in each month’s box). With that said, here are my favorite products from boxes December-March.
*Note: I am not a spokesperson for Birchbox.*

December Faves:

This perfume smells awesome! If you are a lover of one of my faves, Viva la Juicy, then you will really appreciate Hello. It smells similar to Viva la Juicy, as it is fresh and fruity, without being overpowering or too florally. I really am not a lover of floral or musky perfumes, so Hello is really something I think I will purchase down the road.  


Okay, so these are really just glorified hair ties, but I LOVE them! Not only are they super cute in terms of the colors and patterns that they come in, but I love the knot detail, and they don’t rip out your hair, and still stay in place and keep your hair back. I think they would work well on most hair thicknesses too (I have fine, medium thickness hair). Gotta try!

January Faves:

I was a bit skeptical of the Nail Rock idea, but it was super easy to apply and lasted much longer than I expected (over a week-huge bonus!). I received a silver nail polish in my box with rocks that really changed color in different light. I opted to use a nail polish color of my own when I applied the rock art, and it turned out so cute! I got so many compliments from my students (stylish teacher points-LOL). I will definitely apply it again. Loving this trend!

February Faves:

This shampoo and conditioner smells amazing! If you are a sucker for great-smelling hair, then you will love this color protecting shampoo/conditioner combination. I tend to have dry hair at times from blow-drying and flat ironing. After using this shampoo/conditioner, my hair was soft and silky, as if I had just used a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner (which is what I always use). I was really surprised that my hair didn’t feel dry or stiff. I am sold on this combo!

March Faves:

I use a crème on my damp, curly locks before I blow-dry straight, and I typically avoid oils because they tend to make my fine hair heavy and greasy, but this oil treatment not only smells amazing (it smells like summer coconut goodness!), it didn’t make my hair heavy or greasy. I used sparingly and I would recommend that if your hair is fine, you do the same, but I really liked the overall look and feel of my hair after using this. And the smell was with me all day long (I love a product that smells good-can you tell?)!
                                                                     
I don’t have much to say about this lotion other than I felt it moisturizes good, and again, smells amazing! Birchbox is really killing it in the fragrance department. I apply body lotion every day, so I am always open to new products. I really love this one and would definitely purchase it in its full-size.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© It's What I Love

CoffeeShop Designs