Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gift Ideas for a New Baby: What I Brought to the Hospital

At this point in my life, I feel like all of my friends are past the getting married stage and on to the having babies stage (I'm 30 if you're wondering). I have several friends who are expecting right now, and my sister just had her second child last month. Does anyone ever feel like they have no idea what to bring, gift-wise, to the hospital? Here is a list of gifts I put together for my friend, Jen, who just had a baby boy (her baby boy is featured in the blog previous to this one!)

Sweater Onesie: Target
Frame


Gift Card
EOS Lip Balm: Target



Russel Stover's Truffle Balls



1.) Sweater Onsie: A simple and cute gift for the baby is a must-have! I love this piece because he can grow into it and the style is timeless.
2.) Picture Frame: Parents spend a ton of money on those oh-so-adorable newborn pictures. A frame is always a great gift to give, as they probaly won't have much money left to buy many frames once they pay for the actual pictures. LOL
3.) Lip Balm: A small goody for mom:) You can never find your lip balm in the hospital with all of the chaos and excitement of vistors, doctors and nurses coming into your room at any moment. This is a great gift that mom can keep on her nightstand when she is in the hospital with baby. You could also get her a great lotion too. (I bought her the lip balm in sweet mint. It's like a breath freshner and lip balm in one! My fave!)
4.) Gift Cards: Once mom has been cooped up in the house with a newborn for several weeks, she will most likely want to venture out and do some shopping (even pick up a Starbucks) once she and baby are up to it. A gift card gives her a reason to do just that. And who doesn't LOVE Target?
5.) Candy: I was going to do gourmet cupcakes, but the bakery I went to was out, so I opted to get some candies from my local Russel Stover's store. I even slipped in some chocolate-covered oreos for her two older kids...and mom and dad:) Between meals at the hospital, mom and dad, and their other kiddos, if this isn't the first baby, can snack on such goodies, and even offer some up to visitors. But I wouldn't want to share:)

Hope this post gives you some good ideas as to what to take a new mama! Happy shopping!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

These items added up to a truly wonderful gift. I am always amazed at the thoughtfulness, usefulness, and creative gifts that my bestie always bestows upon me. She managed to include all in the gift giving so everyone was happy! Definitely good ideas to welcome a new family addition. Thanks Annie!!

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks, bff:)

Post a Comment

 
© It's What I Love

CoffeeShop Designs