Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Holiday Decor Love: Christmas 2014






 
 
 
I am so excited to decorate for Christmas this year! Like I said in my previous post, we just installed new floors in our living room and kitchen and I absolutely LOVE them! We definitely need to do some painting in our living room and touch up some baseboards, but otherwise, our living room is well on its way to being done (sigh of relief).
I typically stick with the same look from year-to-year when it comes to decorating for the holidays. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday to decorate for, and I tend to add to my collection of decorations each year. Have you been to Target after the holidays? It’s kind of the best thing ever! Target always offers 75% off after the season is over, and I take full advantage of the sale every year. With that said, I feel like I want to change things up a bit this year. I was all about the bright green bulbs a few years back, and I have been pretty content with those paired with silver, red and gold bulbs. However, I am totally digging the black and white and gold look that I ran across on Pinterest while searching for some holiday décor inspiration. I just love the simplicity of it, and I also love to create different things that I can use from year-to-year, so with that said, I will be doing some creating this weekend, starting with that DIY glitter deer head!
Changes to My Current Décor:
-Swapping out my current ribbon with the black and white ribbon pictured above
-Adding the rustic crate filled with white candles and garland to my kitchen table (or possibly to my entertainment hutch that houses our TV, etc. –I haven’t decided yet)
-Creating that awesome DIY glitter deer head to add to my floating shelf in my living room that typically just houses our stockings
-Spray painting some branches gold to add to my Christmas tree (I may even add some white branches, too, since my tree does not have that snow covered look like the one pictured above)
-Printing off those adorable holiday tags and adding them to all of my gifts
 
Decorating for Christmas is so fun for me! I hope that you enjoy is as much as I do and feel inspired to possible change up your décor or at least add to what you already have. Links to all ideas pictured above can be found on my Pinterest page under my holiday board. Happy decorating!

XOXO

-Andrea


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© It's What I Love

CoffeeShop Designs